A series of free-to-attend workshops complementing the ethos of the leading construction event of India, including a diverse set of tools from some of the most exciting case studies, powerful keynotes to captivating debates to put a spotlight on what’s new and relevant, address the challenges of construction and takeaway practical solutions for a better future of construction in India.
NOTE: CPD certificates will be issued onsite to participants that attend within the first 30 minutes of the workshop session.
- Indian infrastructure sector performance overview (key sectors- Power, roads, steel, real estate etc.)
- Common challenges of owners/developers, contractors, and financial institutions for efficient project delivery
- Growing need of Lean Construction and how it can address the prevailing challenges
- Essential adaptation to the technology wave
- Leadership demystified
- Unique business Challenges of Construction companies
- Defining specific development initiatives required to meet the challenges
- Model to deliver the Leadership development agenda
- Challenges enroute and approaches to deal with them
- Introduction: Understanding the types of policies & standards and how they drive construction compliance
- Challenges/Solutions & Typical Approach to Safety Planning On Large Infrastructure/construction Projects in India
- Developing & Cultivating Corporate & Workplace Safety Culture to support the drive of construction safety compliance: Comparison of practices from different countries (UK/UAE/India)
- L&T LIFE & Mission Zero Harm – Case Study on L&T L.I.F.E. (Live Injury Free Each day) a program to support the elimination of fatalities & serious injuries on the journey of ‘Zero Harm Vision” becoming reality
- Prerequisite of claims
- Time lines of claims (submission and resolution)
- Drivers for decisions of claims
- Beyond 3D BIM
- Integrating Time (4D) and Cost (5D) with 3D BIM
- Benefits of 5D BIM through project lifecycle
- Development of Industrial Corridors will boost the share of manufacturing in Country's GDP
- Present Status and Opportunities available in DMIC Project
- Emphasis on Global Bench marking and Sustainability of Trunk Infrastructure
- Expert insight into one of India's biggest opportunity for the upcoming generation - uplifting rural India through infrastructure and fair and affordable housing development.
- Analyzing the multi-faceted approach and support required from various entities, constituents, and stakeholders for such large scale undertakings
- Drawing inspiration from successful results in the other parts of the world (such as the Middle East)
- Finally, a discussion on how India will eventually take its rightful place a global super power – through harnessing its greatest strength that lies within rural inner cities and developing them
- Artistic technologies for building & bridge design
- Innovative use of materials
- Design aids by ASCE for new technologies
- Taking the BIM technology to next level
- Developing new tools to take maximum advantage of BIM technology
- Utilizing the technology to enhance productivity and quality of BIM projects
- Sustainable City Environment as per the Smart Cities Mission
- What are the focus themes / projects under planning / execution in this direction?
- Where is the Industry participation required?
- Setting the context: Resource scenarios for India and role of government and private sector to address key resource concerns through sustainability initiatives.
- Growth story of LEED and its role in market transformation: Arc, LEED for Cities and LEED V4
- Addressing needs of people: Impact of LEED on human experience
- Sustainability Goals – the “Smart” and “Sustainable” connection
- “Traditional” to “Smart” – the challenges of achieving sustainability in “Smart” cities
- Road Map – Strategies for achieving “Sustainability” in “Smart Cities”
- Defining the vision of a smart / intelligent building and highlighting how building environments are changing the way we live and work
- Health and Wellness in Smart Buildings - Addressing issues like can intelligent buildings enhance human productivity? Can simulation studies predict human behavior?
- Achieving "smartness" through design practices, methodologies, integration and application; demonstrated through case studies